Monday, October 01, 2007

UPDATE ON TOM

Hello Everyone,

This is to update you on Tom's condition. On Sept. 22 he was re-admitted into hospice. He currently sleeping most of the days, he has lost use of his legs due to disease progression into the bones which we found out a couple of weeks ago. Plus various other issues. Our Dr. has told us we have days, however Tom's age and his heart are keeping him here with us so we really don't know.

The times when Tom is awake, vary from inability to communicate to a classic Tom Clarke comments/joke.

We appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers.

Thank you,
Melissa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Melissa. It was good seeing you all at the wedding. I hope you and the boys are well.

Prayers,
Cousin-in-law Steve

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

praying. God bless you all

Anonymous said...

My heart just goes out to you Melissa, your boys and Tom's family as well. I have followed Tom's blog for the better part of a year and have kept your family in prayer, and will continue to do so. What a dear-heart Tom is!
Bless you,
Comrade L

Anonymous said...

The Clarkes are always on our mind. Thank you for letting us know what is going on. Please pass on our best wishes to Tom.

Anonymous said...

Words feel a little inadequate . . . but there's a soft spot in my heart for all of you. Wishing you strength, courage and peace during this time at hospice and all the joy your heart can hold during those precious good moments.

God bless

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you & Praying.
Through Tom, I learned learn how to *live* with cancer without despair. Please let him know. Thank you, Tom.

amanda said...

Tom, I wanted to let you know that I thank you so very much for rooting for me. Your encouragement and dry sense of humor helped me more than you'll know.

With love and admiration,

Amanda
The cat lady

Anonymous said...

For those of us out here watching daily at this blog for more info about Tom...please let us know when you have the time, and yes I know that's difficult.
Keeping you all in my prayers,
Comrade L