Tuesday, November 14, 2006

[P]Neumon[itis]

The Operation was a Success, But the Patient Died

"Hello, Newman."--Jerry Seinfeld

"What, me worry?"--Alfred E. Neuman

I thought I had something simple like pneumonia, but NO-O-O-O. It now appears that I have something called pneumonitis which is an inflammation of the lung tissue, caused by either radiation or possibly chemotherapy. I'm going to confer with Dr. Heddinger tomorrow, but he was ready to go with the steroids without seeing me. We've basically ruled out everything else already. Treatment consists of a 3 month course of massive amounts of steroids. I'll basically be up 21 hours/day between now and February 15. I'll say hello to Santa for y'all.

P.S. for "the uncle"--Passing the drug test at the NFL combine is going to be a bitch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steroids! UGH!!!! I've been off them for 6 months now & feel so much better. Keep fighting Tom, we hsve no choice! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Don't make rash decisions! Don't cancel your reservation at the combine until we've fully researched the new masking devices that may be available. I'll put somebody on that and get back to you.

Had a great time at the tailgate. Thanks for including us.

the uncle