Friday, October 13, 2006

The Joys of Chemotherapy

My Cancer Story

Ah, chemotherapy....It's hard to imagine that just 940mg of carboplatin and 360 mg of taxol could bring so much pleasure. Whether it's sleeplessness, hair falling out everywhere, acne all over my back, or just general malaise, this has been a real treat. Took my taxes up to my accountant the other day, and he told me that when his mother was undergoing chemo (she has since passed away), they took a family trip to Minnesota, and while everyone else was being eaten alive by mosquitoes, they wouldn't touch his mother. See the comments regarding "medicine" below.

My joints are hurting today. Took the sleeping pills my Rx prescribed and actually have had back to back nights of decent sleep. Haven't had any glow in the dark butterflies in my sleep yet, though. Having friends over for dinner tonight. I'm going to get back on my regimen of killing those little bastard cancer cells my way: with Crown Royal.

As an aside, I'm giving up for now on trying to figure out how to work the links thing on the left of this page. Please go see my friend Aaron's site at:

http://wheresmyp53.blogspot.com/

He is 27 years old, a recent law school grad (God help him) and has the same kind of lung cancer I do. Please check it out.

No comments: